Sunday, January 1, 2012

Learning process

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  So far, the year is starting off well.

I am certainly learning a lot through this process.  My initial few days involved severe shin and knee pain.  Since then, I have been shown how to stretch more effectively and now I don't get shin pain when I run.  I'm still trying to find the answer for the knee, but I'm planning to try a neoprene brace next.  Today we ran outdoors.  We jogged about 1.5 miles and walked about the same.  Slowly but surely my endurance is improving.  I have been warned that I need to fuel my body before a workout and refuel my body after a workout.  Unfortunately I forgot to eat before hand today, but I had a protein shake immediately afterwards.  Obviously I need to retrain my mind to think about those things ahead of time.

Tomorrow will be my first Gold's Gym Bootcamp class.  This week they are offering one free bootcamp class to anyone who hasn't tried it before.  My workout partner and I are looking forward to seeing what it is like.

I find that I need distractions when I am working out.  I love the tvs on the cardio equipment except I'm not always into the shows.  Today we took my husband's old iphone and loaded it with many hours of high impact music to help me keep my energy high and keep me motivated while working out.  It certainly made a difference while we were running today.

No comments:

Post a Comment